2 Feb 2014

2014 Reading List and Challenges

I have quite a lot of books on my shelf and on my kindle to keep me busy this year but I've decided to narrow down my reading list to the ones that have been on my shelf for a while, or that I am really desperate to read.

My Reading List




Read: Switched, Time Riders, Nocturnes.
And the following are books that I don't own yet but are on my wishlist for this year. I might buy a few with the money and vouchers I got for Christmas.



Read: The Book, A Million Suns.

If I manage to read all these books, I should complete the following Reading Challenges:

Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge

Target: 24 books. Two books a month is realistic for me with everything that's going on right now!
Progress: 67%
Last Updated: 22/11/14


2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Tizzy has
read 16 books toward her goal of 24 books.
hide




2014 Series Challenge from Read. Sleep. Repeat

For this challenge you set yourself a goal for how many series you would like to complete. You don't have to start the series in 2014, you just have to finish it in 2014 and the series has to have at least 2 books out prior to December 1st 2014. There's a badge system that earns you entry into a number of giveaways if you complete the challenge!

Target: I'm aiming for the bronze badge (1-3 Series).
Progress: 67%
Last updated: 22/11/14

 

Dystopia Reading Challenge 2014 hosted by Blog of Erised



The challenge runs from Jan 1st-Dec 31st 2014. There is a monthly linky where you can share your reviews, but reviews are not necessary to take part (however you have to complete at least one review to participate in the giveaway). Books must be full-length with any form of post-apocalyptic theme and re-reads are allowed.

Target: I'm aiming for level 1 Recruit (1-6 books).
Progress: 67%
Last Updated: 22/11/14




The 2014 Chunkster Challenge 

A 'chunkster' is an adult or YA book of any genre that is at least 450 pages long. You can set your own target for how many you plan to read.

Target: 5 books
Progress: 0%
Last Updated: 28/07/14







What's on your 'to read' pile this year and which books are on your wishlist? Are you participating in any reading challenges this year?


1 comment :

  1. Good luck with all your reading challenges! I hope you get around to reading The Hobbit, as it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!