31 Dec 2012

Yearly Wrap-Up:2012



2012 is almost over, so it's both a time for me to look back across the year and reflect on what I've achieved and also a fantastic excuse for list-writing.




Stats

Novels read: 16 (Every Dead ThingDaughter of Smoke and Bone, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, MockingjayShiver, Red Riding Hood, Divergent and Insurgent, Legend, Crewel, Before I go to Sleep, City of Bones, Wither, Origin,  and Paranormalcy, plus over half of The Chronicles of Narnia.

Pages read: 6518 

Poems written: 1 ('Maya', published in Snark Magazine Issue 1 )

Short-stories written: 0

Flash-fiction pieces written: 2 ('Trapped' and 'Shadows and Light')

WiP word-count: 6452

Blog posts: 98 (including this one)

Most active month of blogging: January (19 posts)

Blog followers: 242 via GFC, 26 via Facebook, 18 via Google+, 7 via Networked Blogs.

Digital artwork: 4 pieces ('Tris', 'Adelice', 'What a Tangled World She Weaves' and 'Happy New Year')

Art and craft projects: 4 (Crewel T-shirt , Naomi's bracelet, pencil portrait, Christmas soap)

Times when I actually baked or cooked a proper meal: 7 (apple crumble, butterscotch tart, chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, pancakes, caramel apple tart, spaghetti bolognese, shepherds pie).

Cinema trips: 7 (Skyfall, Breaking Dawn, The Hunger Games, Avengers, The Woman in Black, Men in Black III, The Hobbitt).

Worst Bits of 2012

  • My Nan passing away
  • Struggling with stress/depression
  • Money worries

Best Bits of 2012

  • I got engaged!
  • My holiday in Paris and visiting Disneyland
  • Staying in Norfolk for Jonathon and Sophie's wedding
  • Performing in the Dance Krazy annual show
  • Completing my pharmacy dispensing course
  • All the parties/meals out-'Witham and Blues' for Rowan's birthday, the Boston Spice, greyhound racing for Scott's birthday, 70s fancy dress party, Nicky's leaving do, Sally's 80s fancy dress party, Ashley's 18th, belly dancing at Mandy's birthday party, catching up with old friends at Kim and Glenn's wedding, Rowan's body shop party, work xmas do, band nights at The Wheatsheaf pub, get-togethers at Milena's.
  • Staying with my Aunt and Uncle, visiting my Nanna, shopping in London and visiting The Globe theatre for my birthday.
  • Staying in London and visiting The Warner Bros. Studio Tour with Ray and Barb.
  • Watching some excellent shows-'Joseph' at William Lovell, my sister's college show, 'Boston's Got Talent', Flawless and the National Ballet and Starlight Express.
  • Becoming good friends with Milena from work and getting to know her.
  • The birth of my cousin Olivia Isobel Potts and our friends' little boy James Anthony Eede.
  • Spending Christmas with my family and getting a Kindle Fire HD!
How was your year? What are your favourite memories?

1 comment :

  1. Two of my favorite memories in 2012 are the play I performed in in March, "Welcome to Bedside Manor," and getting to go to the Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!