2 Jan 2018

My Top Ten Moments of 2017

I always love looking back on the year that's gone and reflecting on all the positive things that have happened. 2017 wasn't my best from a creative point of view, but I had some fantastic times with family and friends and those are the things that matter most to me. Time spent with loved ones is never wasted!

Here are ten of my favourite moments from 2017:



1) Our holiday to Devon


Our first holiday with just me, my husband and our little girl. We stayed in a great hotel with indoor and outdoor pools and had lots of fun on the beach, we went to a farm park and a sea-life centre and also visited M's grandma.




2) Our holiday to Centerparcs

This was a fantastic holiday with so many activities and it was great to spend time with my family and M's too. It was just a shame M couldn't come with us due to us having different weeks off work!




3) Bat Out of Hell Live

My best friend treated me to a trip to London to see this fantastic musical and we had a blast catching up and laughing at random things.




4) Seasonal Activities

We saw a brilliant firework display on Bonfire Night and visited a pumpkin patch for Halloween. I also did a lot of baking with left-over pumpkin. For Christmas, we took our daughter to a couple of grottos/winter wonderlands to see Santa and we managed to see most of our family over the Christmas period for various meals and events. It was exhausting but fun.






5) Spending time with family and friends

I've had some great times with my nearest and dearest this year, including a party to celebrate my cousin's wedding, a christening, a few catch-ups with long-distance friends, a trip to the zoo, a few farm park visits, a couple of housewarming parties, some playdates and lots of birthday meals.


6) My birthday week

I had a girly day at the salon with my mum and sister, met some of my mother-in-law's family who had travelled from the US, had some friends over, went out for a birthday meal, got my hair cut and went to another friend's birthday BBQ.


7) My daughter's 2nd birthday

We had a fun time at the local soft play with my daughter's little friends and I even baked a cake. My family visited in the afternoon and we had a meal with M's family in the evening. It was lovely to celebrate with everyone. L has changed a lot this year but we are really proud of the clever, funny and loving little girl she is turning into.




8) My family's good news

My youngest sister got great A-level results and started university, my other sister is continuing to work hard in her job and make me proud despite personal challenges and my brother is enjoying married life and making exciting plans for the future. My dad has overcome some serious health issues and is getting married in the spring.


9) My cameo in the Dance Krazy annual show

Although I haven't danced since the birth of my daughter, I was invited back for a cameo role in one number as 'Mrs Potts' the teapot from Beauty and the Beast, with my daughter playing Chip! It was really fun.




10) Joining fitness classes and losing a stone

I signed up to local Clubbercise sessions and a 5-week 'boot camp' in which I got to have a go at using an exercise ball, trampoline, step and doing some new activities that were a bit out of my comfort zone. I managed to lose a stone in the summer and keep it off. I'm now planning to lose another stone before Easter.


What were your highlights from 2017? Share your fave memories in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!