23 Feb 2014

Cover Characteristic (17) Rocks or Boulders

Cover Characteristic Blog Meme Badge

Today I'm joining in with the Cover Characteristic meme hosted by Sugar and Snark. Every week the author chooses a theme and you have to pick five of your favourite book covers featuring that object.

Today's cover characteristic is Rocks/boulders.


These are the ones that most appeal to me:

After Daybreak by J. A London Book CoverStolen by Erin Bowman Book CoverThe Madness by Alison Rattle Book CoverWhere the Rock Spilts the Sky by Philip Webb Book CoverRuins by Dan Wells Book CoverFates by Lanie Bross Book CoverThe Island by Elin Hilderbrand Book Cover


I think this week was one of the hardest. I spent a long time searching for covers featuring rocks and boulders and then I found several together under YA releases for 2014. There seems to be a trend of models standing on rocks, facing away from the reader towards a stormy sea or dystopian background. I really love the cover of Madness as it's so hauntingly beautiful. Fates is my second favourite.

What do you think? Which is your favourite cover and why?
If you want to have a go just pop on over to the blog and sign up with the linky.


Creative Therapy Blog Post Signature

3 comments :

  1. Without signing up, I vote for 'The Island' with just the feet. You really sense that the island is bigger than life in this book, which I assume it must be and it begs the questions, how will this person survive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I The Madness cover the best. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. After Daybreak reminds me of Fallen series by Lauren Kate.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!