21 Feb 2014

Celebrate the Small Things (3)


Celebrate the Small Things blog meme badge
It's Friday! Time to Celebrate the Small Things with Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The meme takes place every Friday and the idea is to celebrate something you have achieved that week or something good that has happened to you that you are grateful for, however small or mundane. If you'd like to take part, sign up with the linky below and be sure to visit other bloggers and congratulate them on their accomplishments too.

This week I'm celebrating having the week off work. I love my job, but I was getting tired and run down and needed a break. This week has been heaven.

I'm particularly pleased about:


  • Getting to spend some time with my partner. He's been chilled out this week instead of stressing over work so we've been shopping, decorating the house, watching films and going on walks together. 
  • My Grandad had a hip operation on Wednesday and I was quite worried about him, but it all went smoothly and he was up and about walking yesterday! I'm looking forward to going to visit him when he's up to it.
  • I've had a chance to play some computer games (WOW and Sims 3) and it's been brilliant. I'd forgotten how much fun they were.
  • I've caught up with most of my blogging tasks this week and have stayed on top of my Bloglovin' feed. I've done a lot of commenting, taken part in the Book Blogger Loveathon and starting planning for the A to Z Challenge. 
  • I've made a start on planning my hen weekend. I chose the date, researched some special offers for spa hotels and narrowed it down to two options. Then I made a Facebook event and invited all my girlfriends. Getting excited now!
  • We've bought quite a few things for the house this week, including two canvas pictures, a bird cage tea light holder for the wedding and lots of soft fleecey blankets and cushions for the living room. It feels very cozy in here now so I don't want to leave the house!
  • Cuddles with the cat. It's been bliss just relaxing with him on the sofa :)


What happy events or achievements would you like to celebrate this week?




5 comments :

  1. There are a few computer games I'm dying to try (WOW among them) but I'm so afraid that if I start, I'll never stop.

    Great news about your Grandad's operation. Glad he's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just having a week off sounds wonderful! And catching up on blog duties - that always makes me feel good too! Best of the weekend to you :)

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your week off, Tizzy. Nice to meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have been busy! Glad your Granddad is doing okay!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!