4 Jan 2012

WWW Wednesdays (1)

Today I've decided to join in with 'WWW Wednesdays', a weekly meme hosted by Should be ReadingEach week participants share the books they have just finished reading, are currently reading and are planning on reading.

Currently reading:
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I have wanted to read this ever since I started following Kiersten White's blog and found out how down-to-earth and funny she is. I started reading it on the 1st and amm now almost half way through. So far it seems very funny, exciting and interesting. I'm looking forward to unravelling some of the mysteries that have been set up.




Recently finished reading:
The Witches of Chiswick by Robert Rankin. I'm a big fan of his work and this was not a disapointment. It's a hilarious sci-fi adventure with a steampunk feel to it as it's set in an scientifically advanced version of Victorian England where everything Jules Verne and H.G Wells wrote about was actually true. It's packed full of witty puns, running gags and fantastical imaginings from my favourite 'stark raving genius'.


Planning to read next:
I haven't decided yet, but it will be one of the books from my 'to be read' list. I'm going to see what kind of mood I'm in after reading Paranormalcy.

What are you reading?

3 comments :

  1. The Witches of Chiswick sounds like an awesome book--I love SF/Steampunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes its hard to decide what to read next when you have so much choice. I decided I am going to read a review book, a book for me, a review book and so on

    Here is my WWW Wednesday
    http://paranormalbookfan.blogspot.com/2012/01/www-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of good things about Paranormalcy, and I've definitely wanted to read it for some time. Glad you're enjoying it so far!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the follow! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!