10 Mar 2010

Black Rose Poem

[source]

Here's a little poem I wrote for my Mum for Mother's Day, because she has a real love of black roses.

There are many flowers that you can buy
With vibrant colours that catch the eye
But the most alluring flower in sight
Is the rose with petals black as night.

She bewitches all with her dark aroma,
Her modest hue speaks of gothic glamour.
But whilst other roses disguise their thorns,
‘Beware my deadly spikes’ she warns.

Many have eyes for the crimson rose,
She cries ‘look at me!’ with a boastful pose,
But the black rose needs no display of colour
To enchant all eyes that gaze upon her.

But there is more on closer inspection,
Mystery shrouds her dark complexion
Her secret spell is part of her art
The midnight gown conceals her heart.

~Written 10/03/10


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!