5 Aug 2014

Self-Esteem Challenge Day 18: Do you Like the Way you Talk?

Today is Day 18 of the Self-Esteem Challenge, originally from Better than Dark Chocolate. It's a series of questions and prompts to get you thinking about your good qualities and things that make you happy or proud. See my introductory post for more info.

Do you like the way you talk? If so, why? How can you view it more positively?

I hate my voice when I hear myself back on tape! It's a strange hybrid of an excited four year-old, a posh university student and a northern pensioner. How I achieve all that I'm not quite sure. But I find it really irritating, so I'm guessing other people do too.



Hmm, how can I view it more positively? Well, I guess everyone hates their own voice, so I'm not alone. The childish part of it could be good as at least I probably seem enthusiastic about things. And the posh-part could be good because I suppose I pronounce things properly. The northern part I'm not so sure about. Hopefully people find it endearing?

Do you like the sound of your own voice?


1 comment :

  1. I literally LOLd when I saw the picture XD

    But I too dislike my voice. I don't hate it as much as I used to but it makes me sound like a child.

    Chippy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!