23 Jan 2014

Mini Bloggiesta To Do List

Mini Bloggiesta blog badge
I'm really excited for the weekend as earlier this week I discovered Bloggiesta, and found out that a mini Blogiesta is taking place this weekend! For those that haven't heard of it, here is the blurb from the site:

In short, Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon revolving around ticking off those items on your to-do list and improving your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Our awesome mascot Pedro (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize) is ready to break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two! It’s nothing short of an awesome fiesta!



I've been exploring the site over the last few days and have already come across a wealth of resources that I can put to good use on my blog, including tutorials for things like coding, blog promotion and SEO. I had a look at the Mini Challenges page and narrowed them down to the things I thought would most benefit my blog.

My 'to-do' list:

  • Complete at least one mini-challenge.
  • Reply to all recent blog comments.
  • Comment on at least 10 other Bloggiesta participant's blogs.
  • Complete some of my recommended action items on Hubspot's free website grader and improve my rating from 60%. (This is really an excellent tool-check out this article by Smash Attack Reads for more info). 
  • Create a sitemap and submit to Google Webmaster Tools.
  • Back up my blog again and set a weekly reminder to do it.
  • Apply SEO advice from Good Books and Good Wine to at least three blog posts. 1) Add alt tags to images, 2) Add a link out to another blog/site. 
  • Include meta descriptions on all blog posts.
  • Sign up to bookblogging.net.
  • Set up templates for regular posts.
  • Sign up to at least five of the blog directories listed here.
  • Write two book reviews.
  • Create images for some of my popular posts with the post title on for easy pinning, then pin them to my board on Pinterest.
  • Figure out how to solve blog button coding problem.
  • Watermark all my own images to protect them. Check they have captions and sources.

If you'd like to join in the fun and get your blog in ship shape, write a post listing what you'd like to accomplish and then link up to that specific post here. Also please share links to your post below and I will come and visit you during the Bloggiesta!



Creative Therapy blog post signature

10 comments :

  1. Your post had me at enchiladas!

    No, but seriously: this is a great idea! (Now, if I can find time to implement it over at my own...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel, nice to see you back again. Ha ha, if only I really had some enchiladas. Or even a piƱata. But sadly not. Just a big to-do list! Still, I'm getting through it reasonably well. I thought this whole thing was a great idea too-really glad I found it!

      Delete
  2. Great list! Lots of good SEO going on there. Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. I'm only just starting to get my head around SEO, but hopefully it should make a lot of difference to my blog traffic.

      Delete
  3. You have listed some things I want to do someday...but not today! lol

    Like SEO....

    Here's BLOGGIESTA STARTING LINE & MINI-CHALLENGES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah some of these things I've been putting off for ages...others hadn't occurred to me until now. I won't get it all done this weekend but at least I can make I start. Thanks for dropping by, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. I know this is the last hours of Bloggiesta but I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck on your last Bloggiesta to do items. Happy Bloggiesta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alysia. The Bloggiesta was a lot of fun and made me quite productive.

      Delete
  5. You had such good goals...and look at all that you've accomplished! Wanna head over to my blog and finish my chores? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I didn't do everything on my list but at least I made a good start.

      Delete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!