23 Sept 2012

Stacking the Shelves (2) with Signed John Connolly and Alex Scarrow books


Today I'm taking part in a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! If you'd like to take part please visit the launch page and sign up with the linky on Tynga's latest post.


I am loving the cover! It came with all these cool fan-art postcards. I love a bit of book swag!

Phew, it's been a busy month so far with work and dance show rehersals, so I haven't had much time for reading or blogging. I did manage to finish reading Legend and  Before I Go to Sleep, both of which were great page-turners (reviews coming soon). But today I'd just like to update you on the newest additions to my book shelf, which I can't wait to read!

On the 11th of September I was lucky enough to meet best-selling crime author John Conolly in my local Waterstones, and pick up a signed copy of his new thriller, The Wrath of Angels. I'd read the first chapter online and was hooked from the off, so when my Mum suggested I meet her on my lunchbreak for the book signing I jumped at the chance. He was a lovely guy and I was quite taken with his Irish accent! My mum got a couple of books signed too and we were both in a very good mood afterwards!

He addressed it: "To Tizzy, Thanks for coming along to say hello...Best wishes, John Connolly." Eek!
I'm really looking forward to devouring this one. I seem to have developed a taste for grisly thrillers lately.

I was also very lucky this month with book giveaways, and won two awesome-looking titles novels. One is an ARC of Origin by Jessica Khoury, which sounds like it will be a cross between the TV shows Dark Angel and Lost, and the other is an e-book of Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman, which involves magical chocolate cake and hot boys (a winning combination). I'll be reading and reviewing both as soon as I can.

Finally, today I popped in to Waterstones to picked up my signed copy of Alex Scarrow's Time Riders. It seems to be aimed at a slightly younger audience but anything involving time travel is right up my street so I couldn't resist. It's the first in a nine-book series I think, so I'm intrigued to see if it will live up to the exciting synopsis.

Awesome cover or what?
"To Tizzy, Enjoy time travel! Alex Scarrow." Ooh and a free bookmark. You can NEVER have too many bookmarks.
So I'm really thrilled to have not one, but two signed books (the first I've ever had). I think I should start a collection. I know a couple of local authors that might sign their books for me if I ask nicely :)
I've got to decide what to read next now. So many books, so little time! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!