3 Mar 2012

Tag, you're it!


 This last couple of weeks I have been tagged to answer 'eleven questions about me' so many times by my fellow campaigners, and have only just gotten around to compiling the questions. To save time I've decided only to answer my favourite questions from each tagger. I think most people in the campaign have already been tagged by now, so I'm not going to tag more people. But if you haven't been tagged and would like to join in the fun then just select your favourite questions from those below and post a link to your answers in the comments.

Right, here goes...




From Yelane Casale:


If you could only go visit one place in the world, where would you go?
Africa! I love wild animals and I figure it would be big enough to keep me occupied for a while.

Do you think you're more of an introvert or an extrovert?
Around friends and family I'm definately more of an extrovert, but if there are too many others in the group with big personalities I can feel a little shy, and I often enjoy my own company.  I think it's healthy to be somewhere in the middle.

Do you prefer to be cold or hot (if there's no in between).
The hotter the better.


If you have to give a lecture on a topic of your choice, what would it be?
 Philosophy of Mind: Is the mind like a computer program?

Rock climbing or sky diving?
 Sky diving sounds more fun and less tiring.

Would you ever consider writing a memoir?
Yep, but not until until all the people I want to write about have kicked the bucket or they might come after me.


If you could go back in time and talk to one person from the past, who would it be?
My Grandad, during his younger years. I miss him and it would be interesting to see what he was like as a young man.


If you could turn into one animal, what animal would it be?
Any wild cat.


What is your dream job?
Writer, of course! Although choclatier sounds quite tempting too.


What are your two favorite shows on TV right now?
I'm enjoying BBC's Sherlock and Ringer starring Sarah Michelle Geller.


What is your favorite mythological creature?
The Phoenix. It has a special meaning for me as my name, Anstice, means 'she who will rise again'. I also love Fawkes from Harry Potter.


From Patricia Marques:

What was your first ever story about? 
I can't remember my first ever story, as I've been writing stories since I was about four years old. I remember winning a prize at school for writing a story about Enid Blyton when I was seven though. 

What's your favourite writing place? 
Outside in a sunny park.


What's your favourite character archetype? 
I like the wise old mentors like Dumbledore, Gandalf etc. They always find a way into my stories in some form.


Cats or dogs? 
I love both for different reasons. Dogs are so loyal and fun loving and devoted to you, whilst cats are more independent, which makes it more special when they do show you affection. And they're both so adorable.

If you could time travel, what year would you travel to? 
 I'd travel to the year 2112 because I'm just curious to see what the world would be like in the next century after I'm long gone, and perhaps I would meet my decendents.

What type of scenes do you find hardest to write? 
I'm not great at soppy romance scenes. I often want to skip them and get to the part where people die.

What's your favourite children's movie? 
It's a tie between Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory and Mary Poppins. 


Name a book that made you cry (or came close to getting you there). 
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. In my defence I had stayed up all night reading it so I was feeling pretty fragile at the time.


Who's your favourite fictional hero? 
Hmm, I might have to say Harry Potter again. I grew up reading the books and was around the same age as Harry, so could really relate to him. Now I'm older I enjoy reluctant heroes and anti-heroes more.


 If you could get some advice from any writer, past or present, who would it be?
I'd love to speak to Lewis Carroll. 

What's your Chinese Zodiac?
I'm the snake. According to Wikipedia I'm a "Deep thinker, wise, mystic, graceful, soft-spoken, sensual, creative, prudent, shrewd, elegant, cautious, responsible, calm, strong, constant, and purposeful. Can be a loner, bad communicator, possessive, hedonistic, self-doubting, distrustful, mendacious, suffocating, and cold." I'd only argue against the last one really.

From Jennifer Fischetto:

What is the one thing you wish you knew how to do but don't?
Make amazing pancakes.
If you could instantly know a foreign language (one you don't already know), which would it be?
Latin. I know it's a dead language, but I love the sound of it.
What is your first birthday memory?
For my fourth birthday party Postman Pat came to see me, but he couldn't bring Jess the cat because she had fallen in a river and had to stay at home to get dry. My mum made a terrific cake, my Nanny did the hula-hoop and I got a paddling pool, a climbing frame and a train set that my Dad and Step-Dad spent all day playing with.

 
If you could go back to age 21 (assuming you're legal, lol), knowing what you know now, would you?
Well for me it was only a couple of years ago, and I can't say I really want to revisit it. I'm at a stage in my life where I just want want to move forward and focus on the future.
If you went to your prom, was it everything you hoped? And if you didn't, do you regret it?
I went with my first boyfriend who I still get along with and it was quite a nice night, except that he managed to set fire to the table. I enjoyed wearing a pretty dress and seeing everyone else dressed up, and I went to visit my Nan in hospital so that she could see me in my dress. In the UK we don't take prom very seriously so it wasn't a massive event for me but I still have nice memories of one of the last times all of us were together.
Would you rather: perfect health, complete wealth, or never aging?
I'd rather have perfect health. Money isn't everything and ageing is a natural process. 
What is your favorite TV show from childhood?
There are so many! I used to like Blue Peter, The Really Wild Show and Art Attack especially.
Which is the best book you've read in the past year?
 The Hunger Games.
Which is your favorite book of all time?
This is a very hard one. I love Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and The Chronicles of Narnia, but I think I'll have to go with the Harry Potter series again because I've loved it for the longest amount of time.

Which kitchen appliance could you not live without (not including the basics, fridge, stove, and sink)?
The microwave! That's basically how I cook everything.
 If you had to choose, would you rather use an outhouse or have no electricity, forever?
I'd definately rather use an outhouse than be without my DVD player and laptop and have to sit in the dark! No thanks. 


From Laurie Dennison:
What kind of music (if any) do you listen to while writing?
I mostly like complete silence so I can think properly, but sometimes I put on tunes that relate to the mood of the piece I'm working  on.

Do you rush right out to see the movies adapted from books you love, or do you avoid them?
I always love to see visual interpretations of great books. My favourites were the Harry Potter and Narnia movies, and I'll definately be watching The Hunger Games when it comes out.


Pick five fictional characters you’d love to have over to your house for dinner.
Dumbledore, Aslan, Willy Wonka, Bridget Jones and The BFG.


Do you have any pets?
 I grew up with lots of pets including dogs, cats, goats, owls, ferrets, ducks, geese, chickens, pigs, rats, rabbits..you name it! I now have a little cat of my own called Magical Mr. Mistoffelees (Toffee, Mister or Misty for short).

What foods would you pick for your last meal?
Oooh...homemade chips drenched in salt and vinegar, spaghetti bolognese with quorn mince, toffee cheesecake and a massive box of posh chocolates.

 Name the number one person who would make you faint if he/she commented on your blog or tweeted you on Twitter. (Can be a celebrity, author, or anyone else, but it has to be a real, living person.)
Patrick Stewart.

What’s the last song you listened to?
Shake It, Metrostation.


Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes I do. I fell head over heels with my partner the first time I laid eyes on him.


From Sher A Hart:


If you were the main character of a book, what genre would it be?
Comedy

What genre do you write in?
 I enjoy writing fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal and mystery, but I'm not really sure if I've found my niche genre yet.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
I'd love to have the ability to learn and memorise things super fast.

What do you like to read?
Same as I like to write, plus humour, apocalyptic and dystopian.

How do you get names for your characters?
I do a lot of internet research to pick a name that not only sounds good but has an interesting meaning and is realistic for the characters age, nationality and time period.

Besides reading and writing, name two other hobbies you have.
Art and dancing.

From Siv Maria:


Are you on Facebook or Google plus?
Both. I like Facebook better for social networking as most of my friends are on it but I like the convenience of being able to link all my other profiles and google services through Google+. 

What influences what you write about?
My own experiences, stories from friends and family, things I've read, TV and films I've watched, my dreams, music...everything really. 

What is the most important thing that happened to you last year?
I graduated from university. 

2 comments :

  1. That tagging stuff gets pretty annoying after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have like four or five different tags to answer. The post is going to be sooo long. I'd better post it on a weekend...

    Enjoyed reading your answers, Tizzy. ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!