8 Feb 2011

Wild Spirits Book Covers!

This week I have a glorius holiday from work and I'm definately making the most of it. I actually plotted the YA paranormal fantasy that I'd been daydreaming about. Not only that, I did loads of research into African folklore, mythology and shamanism, fleshed out all of my characters a lot more and then I had a revelation. I realised that the story could not be told in one book and I decided to make it into a trilogy-the 'Wild Spirits' trilogy. I came up with working titles for each of the books: 'Roar of the Blood', 'Roar of the Wild' and 'Roar of the Crowd' and made a rough plot for the last two. Then I just couldn't resist having a play with photoshop to see what kind of covers I could design.



Here's what I came up with. Of course my titles are liable to change and I doubt I will use the book cover designs but they are so fun to make and really inspiring, so if you know the basics of photoshop why not give it a go?


[© Anstice Potts, 08/02/2011]


[© Anstice Potts, 08/02/2011]



[© Anstice Potts, 08/02/2011]

1 comment :

  1. The Roar of the Wild's cover is very pretty, I love all the earrings the girl has. And her expression is gorgeous. ^__^

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!