28 Feb 2011

Nifty Fifty Blogfest winner!


I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone that particpated in my first ever blogfest. At the beginning of the week there were only four people signed up and I worried it was going to be a bit of a fail, but I ended up with thirteen great entries. I loved the way everyone approached the theme from their own angle and came up with unique pieces. There was a lot of variety- some chose to do short stories, others did poems, others reflected on what being fifty meant to them, while others wrote top fifty lists. Some of the posts I enjoyed the most were Ellie Garrat's Dialogue scene, Arlee Bird's short story, Madeline Maddock's poem, Kittie Howard's short story, Antimony's fifty most important life lessons and 50 things to do before she dies. It was a very tough job to pick just one winner from such a great bunch (but unfortunately I only have one prize to give away). I did a lot of agonising, but in the end I made my decision.



And the winner of the notebook is....Holly Jones, for her post on 50 things she loves about the 1950s . 
Holly must have spent so much time and effort thinking of all those things and finding pictures and comments to go with each of them, so I thought she deserved to win. Holly, please send me your address so I can post your prize.

Thank you to everyone who took part, and I hope you all enjoyed it even if you didn't win. Don't worry, there will be lots more chances to claim booty soon. Thanks to everyone that linked to my blogfest over the past week I now have closer to 100 followers, and when I get there I will be sure to have another giveaway, so stay tuned!

11 comments :

  1. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed doing my 50's post so thank you for hosting this blogfest.

    This is my third piece of good news this week...it really does come in threes :)

    Can you email me at hollyjones_1@hotmail.co.uk so I can then email you my address as I can't see your email address on your blog.

    Thanks again

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nifty Fifty was great fun. Congrats to Holly. I know from my past experience from compiling lists with pictures and all on my blog that it can take a lot of work. I've never attempted a list with anywhere near 50, but that must have taken a very long time.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed writing my post, it was the first time in a while I had really thought about it all. Thank you for that!

    Congrats Holly, your list was fabulous!

    Lady A xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrat's Holly! I am really glad I found this blogfest, it gave me a chance to write about being 50.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tizzy, a grrrreat decision! Holly's post blew me away. Wow, she so captured the 1950's spirit, there's a book waiting the Boomers would yank off the shelves!

    Thanks for hosting the fest! I had fun dipping my toes in the water and splashing around!

    Hey, why not a twist fest for your 100 followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounded like an awesome blogfest!

    I'm sure you'll be at 100 followers in no time! I can't wait for your giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHOO! Congratulations, Holly! That WAS an amazing post!

    I had a great time doing the contest. Thanks for hosting it, Tizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick.
    Glad you honoring effort as well.
    Nahno ∗ McLein

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless you Tizzy, I had fun doing it and congrats to Holly.
    Well deserved. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, Holly's was real good. She deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you to everyone who posted, I'm really glad so many of you enjoyed it. This has really improved my blogging confidence and made me excited to do future blogfests.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!