18 Feb 2014

Tune in Tuesday: Love Song Edition Part 2

Tune In Tuesday is a weekly feature in which bloggers get to showcase another one of their loves, music! This feature was originally created by Ginger over at GReads! but you can now find it at Kate’s Tales of Books andBands. If you would like to participate in this weekly feature, make a blog post showcasing a song (or a few!) Then link up with Katelyn's Tune In Tuesday blog post if you want!

Today's theme is Love Songs! There are so many great love songs that it was very hard to narrow it down.
Here are some of my favourites...





Rule the World is special to me because I first heard it in the cinema at the end of Stardust on one of my first dates with my now fiancé, around six and a half years ago. We stayed behind in the cinema through all the credits just staring at each other. It instantly takes me back to that time whenever I hear it (I know, pass the sick bag, right?)

I think God Only Knows is a beautiful, haunting song. The lines that particularly choke me up are: "If you should ever leave me/Though life would still go on believe me/The world could show nothing to me/So what good would living do me?" It reminds me of Love Actually and makes me think of how I'd feel if I lost my partner :'(

Everything I Do is obviously a classic and I'm a big fan of Robin Hood!

Hey There Delilah is a great song about long-distance relationships. It was in the charts while I was away at university, and really missing my partner. These lyrics really struck a chord for me at the time: "Hey there Delilah/You be good and don't you miss me/Two more years and you'll be done with school/And I'll be making history like I do/You'll know it's all because of you/We can do whatever we want to".

My Life Would Suck Without You is a really powerful song. I love both the Kelly Clarkson and Glee versions.

Use Somebody and Chasing Cars are both such cool, chilled out songs. I love the lyrics and the awesome guitar in both.

How Long Will I Love You, To Make You Feel my Love and Wherever You Will Go are recent favourites-I'm not normally a fan of ballads but these are just beautiful.


What are your favourite love songs and why?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!