9 Sept 2012

POLL: Which of Crewel's covers is your favourite?

Which is your favourite cover design for Gennifer Albin's upcoming novel, Crewel? Take a look and vote below.


US edition:


I love the colours of this cover and the spiralling fractal lines make me think of the fabric of time.
The model for this cover has a unique look and striking green eyes that draw you in. I love the green swirls around the title which look like strands of time and the tag line tells you a little more about the book than the first cover.
This cover has a really glamorous feel but I prefer the original title. The tag line translates as something like 'the reciever of light'

7 comments :

  1. These polls make me wonder if there are any widespread differences in cover taste among nationalities. I mean--does the German cover actually appeal more to Germans--or at least follow the current trends in German book covers--or would the US cover be winning no matter what nationality the poll focused on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting thought. I think there probably are different trends in each country. I've noticed that in the UK our covers tend to be a lot darker and often feature models. I'm not sure why that is, as I like the bright US cover in this case too. Sometimes I'm quite dissapointed with the UK covers. I'm not a fan of the German one because it seems a bit dated. It also puzzles me why they have changed the title.

      Delete
  2. I usually prefer UK covers but in this case I like the US cover best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the us cover because of all of the colors :D new follower( Lena Marsteller GFC) :D What a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! Yes I like the more colourful one too

      Delete
  4. I voted for the US one because of the colors as well. I gave you an award over at my blog: http://brookerbusse.blogspot.com/2012/09/paper-mountain-awards-behind-scenes.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!