20 Jun 2011

Funfair Poem

I remember walking hand in hand,
Feeling light as air,
As if the balloons would lift me off
And I'd soar without a care.
I remember dancing on the twister,
Carried by the beat,
Lost in a dizzying whirl of colour
Ice-cream melting in the heat.



I remember the bear you won for me,
The bag of fudge we shared,
I remember the giddy rush and thrill
Of knowing how you cared.
I remember sweet and sticky lips,
Cotton candy kisses,
Trying our luck on those penny stalls,
So many near misses.

Our love was like a rollercoaster,
Ups and downs a trial.
But the thrill of all the highs
Made the lows worthwhile.
But now it feels an age ago
Since you and I were thereWhat happened to our love?
It isn't fun, it isn't fair.

                                ~ Written 3rd May 2011





4 comments :

  1. Awesome poems! I especially love the last line. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you can write awesome poems that rhyme? It's just not fair I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol thanks but when I actually try to write poems without rhyme it just accidentally creeps in like I can't resist it. I really need to work on my non-rhyming poems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. c: It kinda reminds me of my own last relationship. Makes me sad and happy at the same time. c: ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!