8 Nov 2010

I Write Like Stephen King

My friend Brooke at Paper Mountain pointed out an awesome website called I Write Like. You can paste an excerpt from your novel into the box and it uses a statistical analysis tool to compare your word choice and writing style to that of numerous favourite authors.

Here was my result for the first chapter of my NaNoWriMo piece, The Hole Within.



I write like
Stephen King
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!




I then entered in the whole 12152 words I have written so far, and got this result:



I write like
William Gibson
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


I must say I am extremely happy with the result although I do doubt it's authenticity! If you're a writer you definitely have to have a go at this. It's quite enlightening.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!