30 Oct 2010

Waxwork Poem




I used to know a girl
With a picture-perfect face,
But somehow in each photo
Her smile was out of place.
There was something not quite right
About the way she froze-
Like a wooden mannequin
In a mindless pose.


She had a little work done,
Nothing very drastic,
But still her facial features
Looked like they were plastic.
A real life Barbie doll,
I wonder what she felt?
If she showed emotion
Her waxwork face would melt.

Her hair and her make up
Always looked pristine,
Like they were painted onto
A china figurine.
I think that if she smiled
Her pretty face would crack.
She would be in pieces,
But who would put them back?

~Written 17/08/10



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!