4 Jan 2015

Yearly Wrap-Up: 2014


So another year has flown by, and it's time to reflect on the best and worst bits, as well as what I achieved during 2014. Check out the 2014 End of the Year Book Survey to find out all about my favourite books from last year and have a look at my 2015 Reading List and Challenges to see what I'm planning to read in the year to come.

This year was probably the best year of my life (so far) as it was the year in which I married my best friend, started a new job and went on honeymoon to Tenerife.
Keep reading to find out more about my year.


Blogging and Reading Stats

Novels read: 16 (up by 7)

Incarnate
Switched
TimeRiders
The Book
Shades of Earth
Charmed Vengeance
Bitter Like Orange Peel
Nocturnes
Panic
White Lady
Pandemonium
Requiem
Alice on Mars
The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married
A Million Suns


Pages read (approx): 4648 (up by 1224). Average of 13 pages a day.

Poems, stories and flash-fiction pieces written: 1 (up by 1) 'A.L.I.C.E', 6000 words. Although it didn't get into the anthology I was aiming for, they did say my story was 'well written and exciting' so I feel encouraged.

Blog posts: 162 (up by 92).

Most active month of blogging: July and April-23 posts (down by 3).

Blog followers: 335 via GFC (up 56), 336 via Facebook (up 286),  250 via Twitter,180 via Google+ (up 102), 132 via Bloglovin' (up 132), 6 via Feedburner.

Hobbies


Digital artwork/graphics: 13. 5 x Cornet Creative logos, Cat Thursday Banner, Days of Blood and Starlight quote, 4 x Charmed Vengeance banners, HP Christmas quote, Stacking the Shelves banner,
blog header.




Art and craft projects: 3: Wedding Seating Plan, Wedding Place Settings and Wedding Invitations. (up 3).

Baking: 7: Princess cake, Valentine's cookies, Valentine's cupcakes, Shepherd's pie, lamb and tarragon pie, cauliflower macaroni cheese, pancakes. (down 2).


Favourites

Songs: 'All of Me' by John Legend, 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams, 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran, 'Ghost' by Ella Henderson, 'Money on my Mind' by Sam Smith, 'Counting Stars' by OneRepublic, 'All About That Bass' by Meghan Trainor, 'Hey Brother' by Avicii, 'Let Her Go' by Passenger, 'A Sky Full of Stars' by Coldplay, 'Shake it Off' by Taylor Swift.

TV Shows: Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish, The X Factor, The Apprentice, Eight Out of Ten Cats Does Countdown, QI, Would I Lie to You? Bad Education, Sherlock, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Films: 5: Divergent, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Maze Runner, Mockingjay Part 1, The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies. (down 1). 

Food and Drink: Kopperberg and Rekordelig fruity cider, Lindt salted caramel chocolate, Quorn garlic and herb escallopes, Cadbury cinder toffee cake bars, Marks and Spencers veggie spaghetti meal.



Worst Bits of 2014

I'm actually struggling to think of any bad memories from 2014. It's been a really good year for me. The worst bits have probably been seeing a close friend feeling down and all the tragic events and celebrity deaths in the news.


Top Ten Moments of 2014


1) Getting married on the 3rd May! 
It was such a fantastic day and worth all the stress leading up to it. 





2) Our honeymoon in Tenerife. 
It was a really relaxing beach holiday with lots of new experiences.




3) Starting my new job at a local secondary school in June. 
There is such a great atmosphere in my workplace and I've made lots of new friends. I'm loving the variety of my job.

4) My husband completing his NQT year and getting a pay rise.
I'm so proud of how well he's doing in a challenging job.

5) My Grandad's recovery after his hip operation. 
He's doing much better now and can walk so much faster, which is great news.

6) My brother getting his first 'proper' job. 
I'm really proud of him, and a little jealous of how much he's earning now!

7) Performing in the Dance Krazy annual show and judging a local talent competition.
It's always good fun to put on a show with my DK friends.



8) Christmas! 
Spending time with my family and friends over Christmas and New Year and playing lots of board games was brilliant.



9) Mum getting a new rescue dog, Maggie. 
She has totally transformed from a scared and timid dog to a happy, friendly one.



10) Spending a few days with my Nanna, Aunt and Uncle and going to our family Easter meal in April.
It's always lovely to spend time with family.


How was your year? What are your favourite memories?


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what my readers think so please leave a comment. I reply to comments in the thread itself and not by email, but if you want notification when I reply, please tick 'notify me' underneath the comment box. Thanks!